Our primary school
At the MIS we firmly believe that learning must be a positive experience for children if they are to lead fulfilling lives. Our bilingual primary school consequently brings together two essential requirements for successful learning: a first class curriculum and concern for the development of the whole student. Our educational philosophy is to identify and nurture students' individual abilities.
The MIS caters to the needs of
- families with an international background who have come to Germany for work-related reasons
- and of families in the region who are keen to have their children grow up in an international and multilingual environment.
The curriculum followed in the bilingual primary school (years 1 to 4) complies with the requirements of the internationally recognised Cambridge International Education programme and the Federal State of Hesse:
- English teaching is geared to the Cambridge Curriculum.
- Depending on your child's needs we also teach DaF (German as a foreign language) or ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages) to non-native speakers.
- German is taught according to the core curriculum prescribed in the Federal State of Hesse.